MOVEMENT PERFORMANCE THERAPY CERTIFICATION
24 October 2020
Learn skills to assess, treat and apply movement drills in your daily practice with clients of all age ranges, covering common foot problems.
Get introduced to the application of IASTM techniques for release and aid in getting your clients back into movement as soon as possible.
REGISTRATIONS NOW CLOSED
Individual module recordings will be available for purchase after the event
ABOUT YOUR PRESENTER: GORDON CUNNINGHAM
ABOUT THE COURSE
The course will provide you with a more comprehensive skill set to assess, treat and apply movement drills in your daily practice with clients of all age ranges suffering with common foot problems like plantar fasciitis, ankle sprains, unstable hips lacking control and stability. Addressing issues of footwear, inactive working environment and sedentary lifestyles.
NZREPS: 10 CPDs
- We will give you the tools to add to your existing toolbox, for improved patient outcomes and faster results.
- By the end of the day you will leave with the knowledge and confidence to use movement procedures in your own working environment with the main focus dedicated on foot, ankle and hip procedures.
- How to improve the squat, lunge and running techniques for your clients by implementing the right movements through the key areas of load.
- Providing you with movement strategies to complement your hands on and training techniques.
- Learn to apply drills and get your clients moving better, more free and with confidence.
Starting from the ground up and working through an introduction of toega, re -discovering the foot and the functions that allow us to move. Working up the chain to the hips and how to screen for instability, lack of control and loss of connection and feel.
RESTORATION & BEAM WORK
Defining and understanding balance and sensory work by introducing beam work (PlantarBeam™) and the process of layering techniques and progressions with your client while keeping things fun and interactive. This will be the bulk of the session running you through strategies to advance balance work and reaction time with your clients. Working on different foot positions, specific movement drills and locomotion challenges. The application of PlantarBeam™ will showcase how to make a session fun but challenging, specific and engaging. The puzzles of movement are endless and this is an opportunity to learn the progressions through a system of testing.
- Bringing it all together and how to apply into a session.
- How to get your client off the treatment couch and apply Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilisation (IASTM) techniques.
- The importance of pressure, angle and application.
- Rebuild strength, structure and balance by then using loaded movement training to reintroduce functional abilities for your clientele.
- Demonstrations through upper body and lower limbs and the importance of saving your hands as a trainer/therapist.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Personal Trainers, Movement coaches, Chiropracters, Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, Sports massage therapists, Occupational therapists, Podiatrists, Performance coaches.